The Scale: A Love--Hate Relationship

So, yesterday, I got on the scale.

Good move?  Bad move?

There are so many different views on how to use the scale as a tool for success vs. the toss the scale out the window theories.



Regardless of the above quote, I find I need the scale.

Even though it is not a 100% accurate representation in progress, it is still needed to monitor and keep me accountable. Of course, that accountability is only a reality if I actually STEP on the scale (which I don't always do). And of course, there is a reason for that, as I know the number will cause a breakdown.

I have let myself go.
Life, stress, denial, perhaps a brief bout of a semi-depression may all be reasons that attribute to my current state. But it is HARD! It is HARD to care some days, especially on a day you have really tried for a period of time and have yielded ZERO results other than battling a minor injury which has caused my running to be almost non-existent.

So, back to that getting on the scale thing yesterday, which I did, which caused an instant breakdown.



I need to get my shit together! This blog may end up serving as a piece of accountability for me.

The bottom line. I am going to get on that darn electronic square every other day...and start caring about my body more.

So, if you see me with something excessive in hand, please do NOT hesitate to call me out!

Comments

  1. Forgiveness is a powerful tool in moving towards happiness. Make sure to forgive yourself along the way too. We are all stumbling towards what we yearn to be and we all get off track. And that is okay. But so is holding yourself accountable. Keep on striving

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

9/15/2023: Another Life Changing Day

The Day Life Changed

Cleveland (Half) Marathon 2022: All the Feels