Effort + Work = Gains?

I was not going to run today.
I had a not so good night with little sleep, and I just felt all sorts of emotional.
People often say that if you put in the effort and work (no matter what it is for) you will see gains.
I am starting to question this in a lot of life's aspects.
However, today's run greeted me with welcome progress.

I have been running in the heat of the day lately. Sure, it doesn't make for any kind of an easy run, but I feel a bit more accomplished after each one (no matter the outcome) since my mileage is low and pace is slow.  Adding the heat/humidity combo seems to offer some kind of reward. Today I left with the intention of running between 2-2.5 miles.  It was gross out so I kept slowing my pace, reminding myself that pace is not important right now...it is that I CAN in fact run, and that I am re-learning how to fall in love with this sport.  As I looped back into my neighborhood, and clicked from the time to see what my distance was, I was pleased to see not only the following mileage, but also pace:



After I realized I actually felt quite good, I decided to do 4 down-hill-repeats to continue to help my cadence.  I was thrilled to get my pace down to 6:15 for one of these.  Even though it was for a very short distance, it was nice to see that there is potential.  And, yes, if I keep putting in the effort with running, the results will come.  They may be a bit different results than in the past, but progress is progress and pain free running in pain free running.

(If you look closely can you see the tears of joy (or sadness) sometimes I think they blend together. LOL) Oh wait...or is that single drop of water sweat...I guess you will never know!  HAHAHAAAAAA

....and thanks Dunkin' for coming in clutch with the free iced tea at the end of my run!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/15/2023: Another Life Changing Day

The Day Life Changed

Cleveland (Half) Marathon 2022: All the Feels