Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018!

Another year has flown by, and today is the last day of winter break!



Life is funny, well, funny may not be the best word; however, I think we all can agree that the universe has an interesting sense of humor.

This year, even though 3.5 months were running free, has been one of the best to date.  As we grow up and come into our own, we start to realize the truly important aspects of life, and we see how what is of most importance shifts due to life's circumstances, which is sometimes by choice, sometimes by force, and sometimes a combination of the two.  As stated in the birthday blog, 3.5 months of no running became a blessing in disguise, and surprisingly I really did not get that bent out of shape about it, but there is a reason for that....in place of running, a true relationship blossomed and has taught me so much about myself and the importance of people who truly have your best interest at heart.  Love is an amazing feeling, especially when it is pure, and true, and good.  You want to better yourself and lift yourself to higher standards.  You want to learn and grow in the midst of all that is going on, no matter how crazy busy life is or what curve balls are thrown in your direction.  I have definitely learned I am good enough as I am (even though I do still have insecurities from time to time. Hey, I am human).  I have learned running does not need to be as obsessive as it once was, because I am happy, truly happy...as you can tell from this smile!




Of course, running is a large part of who I am, and I am excited that 2018 will be a healthy and happy return to the sport I love.  I plan to train, race, and surprise myself! I plan to enjoy myself.  I plan to smile, laugh, and not get defeated.  This year I have two amazing sponsorships (so far):  Mind Over Matter https://www.mindovermatterathlete.com/collections/all and Health Warrior https://www.healthwarrior.com/ I can't wait to represent these companies to the fullest extent possible.  Of course, this is easy when you 110% believe in the companies you represent.  Yes, there are family and friends discounts (LOOK BELOW THE NEXT PIC) :)  Although I am still working on a schedule (which may end up greatly being improvised due to my daughter's crazy busy swimming/volleyball schedule), I have at least decided to work within the Hanson Marathon Method for beginners, with some give and take.  In addition to the base plan, I plan on incorporating my bike and home-strength training into the program as well (Note:  I hate the gym).

CODES:
MMALLISON gets you 10% off at Mind Over Matter
allisonjeric30 gets you 30% off at Health Warrior

Despite the 3.5 months of no running, I still logged 1133.1 miles for 2017, and I am thrilled with that!  I also swam and biked, but did not keep as strict of tabs on my activities as in years past.   Why?  In the end, I want to be remembered as a person, a relatable, (not so) normal person who is genuine...not just by numbers.

IN 2018 I WANT TO:
1. Realize I am good enough just as I am
2. Worry less
3.  Continue to truly appreciate the important people in my life and spend time with them
4.  Read more
5.  Smile more (I am not sure this is humanly possible, but I will give it a go!)
6.  Appreciate the small things
7.  Pay down debt/Save money
8.  Visit somewhere new
9.  Cook more/Eat healthier
10.  Speak my mind

Short, simple, and to the point!
I hope you have a rewarding 2018!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/15/2023: Another Life Changing Day

The Day Life Changed

When Your Sense of Safety Is Taken Away