This and That (AKA Reevaluating and Smiling)

Hi there!  It has been a while since we last met!

No worries, though; I am the same goofy gal you last met, just with a bit more confidence!  Let me bring you up to speed on some exciting happenings and life in general.  Since the incident in Mill Creek at the beginning of last summer, I really have returned to my first love:  ROAD RUNNING.  In doing this, it has allowed me the opportunity to spend some extra time with my mom (and daughter when she isn't too busy).  Running roads is much easier with your mom than the trails, and it keeps us accountable.  One of the best parts of our jaunts in Mill Creek is getting our favorite coffee when we are done:  Stone Fruit!

Once winter started to rear its beautiful (but ugly) head, my mileage quickly decreased since I am a mostly outdoor runner.  I refuse to spend time on the treadmill other than to climb or walk, because I firmly believe that piece of machinery is responsible for many of my past injuries.  When the weather gets (too) ugly I have turned to my trainer...which I have also re-fell in love with.  It is nice having a piece of equipment in the comfort of my own home that pushes me a bit outside of my comfort zone.

At the end of 2018 I set my sights on running the Canton Hall of Fame Marathon, a distance I have not covered in numerous years; however, I often forget about the OH weather and that my daughter is still just as busy with club volleyball (weekend tournaments) which often involve traveling, so as I sat here today, not being any kind of upset about not going running (which is monumental for me), I re-evaluated my previous decision and came up with a new plan.  The first half of 2019 is going to be half-marathon focused.  I can train for a half without feeling stressed out...so HOF half...I will see you April 28th...and Cleveland Half...I will see you May 19!

I still have a lot of other events on my radar, but I am not ready to announce those yet.

What I will announce though IS SUPER EXCITING!!!!

I WAS CHOSEN TO BE AN AMBASSADOR FOR THE YOUNGSTOWN (Half) MARATHON!  This is so exciting for me as I love the YO and Mill Creek Park.  The change in date was a huge plus (it is now running October 27), and there is even a 3 race series!!!!  If you would like to check out the marathon visit youngstownmarathon.org  

Use code ALISON19 to save money on the 5k, half or full option!!!!! JUST DO IT!!!!!!



In conjunction with supporting my favorite place, I get to rep my favorite hydration company (Nuun) and my favorite Mind/Matter company (use code MMALLISON to save money).  mindovermatterathlete.com



The bottom line is...you should love what you are doing and not feel stressed or like you have to do something.  This is probably the biggest change in me as a person from when I first started running/racing.  I often liked what I did, but I felt like I HAD to do it and if I did not perform in a certain manner I was letting others (and myself) down; however, now, in 2019...there is a whole new me that is back in a sport she loves for just that reason:  I love it and I want to be doing it.  I don't care about times or placing; I care about smiling and having fun with each step I take, and my biggest hope is that you can have fun and enjoy every step of every day.


Journey on, peeps!
I will try to stay in touch more!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/15/2023: Another Life Changing Day

The Day Life Changed

Cleveland (Half) Marathon 2022: All the Feels