2020 Vision

Nope, VISION is not my word for 2021.

First, let me say that I have never done the word of the year thing, but this year I am.

My word?  

MINDFUL:  
focusing one's awareness on the present moment, 
especially as part of a therapeutic or meditative technique.

As I continue my struggle with PCOS and old (back pain, weight gain, fatigue, dark circles under my eyes) and new symptoms (headaches and sleeplessness) and continue on my journey to be the best me possible, I found this word is the word I need. Too often it is easy to get caught up in 

a week from now...

a month from now...

a year from now...

but what about THE NOW?  It is in THE NOW where I think I am missing the simple joys of life, and for that I am excited to use my word of 2021 to help me stay grounded and in THE NOW.

Also, I have decided to throw away the 

RESOLUTION

a firm decision to do or not to do something.

and adopt  

INTENTION:  

a mental state that represents a commitment to carrying out an action or actions in the future. 

Intention involves mental activities such as planning and forethought

From 2020 we have learned to be adaptable and gentle with ourselves; we are fragile, but together we are also able to do great things. Thanks to a great group of Gal Pals, we have set the INTENTION to take on the (modified) 75 HARD challenge.  The original challenge has two 45 minutes of exercise with one being outside, but with work, that will drive me to to the edge, so we have lessened it to one 45 minutes bout of exercise to fit our hectic lives.  I am also excited to start on the 9 Week Control Freak journey with Beachbody on 1/11 and many of the same gals from the 75 HARD challenge. What I love about the 75 HARD challenge is that it is really more mental than physical, but there will likely be physical perks over the 75 days.  




If you are reading this and a little taken aback that I have not yet mentioned running, don't worry! I am still running and still plan on training. I definitely hope to run a few half marathons this year (and am toying with the idea of trying a full again...but I am not sold on that yet).  Running (since I started my relationship with it) has always been my major stress reliever, and it continues to function in that capacity; also, not worrying about time or speed has allowed my relationship to become a healthier with running. 

Thanks for reading!

I hope to write a bit more over the course of 2021...but we will see.

Cheers to you and yours; may you have the best year ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/15/2023: Another Life Changing Day

The Day Life Changed

Cleveland (Half) Marathon 2022: All the Feels